Monday, January 30, 2006

Solitary bird

About the tagline of this blog...like I said, its been put up by a friend and she's designed the layout to best reflect my personality. The "solitary bird" funda comes from my yahoo ID's fav quote, which in turn is excerpted from a translated Spanish poem by San Juan de la Cruz:

"The conditions of a solitary bird are 5.
The 1st, it flies to the highest point,
The 2nd, it does not suffer for company, even of its own kind,
The 3rd, it aims its beak to the sky,
The 4th, it has no definite color, and
The 5th- it sings very softly."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has held me humble, led me into the dead ends of my ego, called me out of self into Self always forward into the present since I first saw it on a frontispiece of a Carlos Castaneda book in the mid 70's. What seemed clever then, as I became more familiar with John of the Cross, becomes a knowing of nothing in the clear silent darkness.