Thursday, March 09, 2006

Off for a few days


I'm taking leave from work to spend a couple of days in Delhi and then a couple of days in hisar. I'll be returning on Holi evening and may or may not access the net in this time. And ya, i can see exactly how world-shattering my absence is gonna be, judging by the reponses here. Bloody turds, you lot.

But with the stated mission of spreading sweetness and light to this undeserving crowd, I'm STILL going to leave with something worthwhile, again a direct lift-off from Rob Brezsny.


"Write a letter to the person you’ll be one year from today. Tell this Future You that you’ve taken a vow to accomplish three feats by then. Say why these feats are more important to you than anything else. Describe them. Brainstorm about what you’ll do to make them happen. Draw pictures or make collages that capture your excitement about them."


Naturally I've drawn up my list already, and obviously am not going to post it out here till I get 15 comments. Jeez, Scott Adams was right about the "badgering people to read" bit about blogs. And as I leave this page and its undeserving recipients, here's the image to go with it- think Guru Dutt scorning the philistines with "yeh duniya mil bhi jaaye to kya hai..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you gave me an interesting idea to share with my students.I am in any case teaching them "future tense". They ask me..We know present is tense Is future also tense?

A.R.Malik said...

My pleasure, ma'm. Always welcome -and glad u liked it.

Anonymous said...

Mule

to the person i will be a year from now..
1. drink more beer
2. worry and whine less
3. if 1 happens, 2 taken care of.

you don't want me to get started on drawing #1..

And shall shamelessly dhaap your lines for my company newsletter tomo morning (ed's prerogative)sans credit lines..

Sri said...

Just discovered this blog today. So have you stopped posting?? The entries have been mighty interesting so far and thought-provoking