Saturday, February 11, 2006

COMING ATTRACTIONS

The times we live in; my stints in rural India(not arranged chronologically though); writers' block; consensual reality; synchronicity; the AFMC mythology alongwith attendant blasphemy; comfortably rude; talent-spotting; NGOs vs pvt practice vs sarkaari vs corporate healthcare systems; movies; life lessons; pet peeves; Amitabh Bachchan; Shashi Kapoor; Francis Ford Coppola; my travails with a begging bowl for ideas; religion; shamanism; counterculture; good ol' days; sci-fi; self-actualization & cognitive dissonance; pop trivia; Teilhard de Chardin; the faculty of Timbuktu U.; Goa; things to do b4 u die; Arundhati Roy; Tehelka; MK Gandhi; thoughts for the day(s); poetry.....and lots of excerpts interspersed all through.

I need feedback and I'm counting on y'all to make this a vibrant forum...and I'm steadily losing hope of that happening. Most of u sickos still haven't signed in. In any case, this'll be replacing what wld earlier have been group mails. Scott Adams was right about the bit about 'badgering ppl to read 1's blog'.... so ....Welcome or g'bye.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

doc dearest! Dun lose heart... i keep dropping by,,, but too lazy to leave a comment and pamper ur already bloated ego :p
Interesting list... post 'em soon,,,, nd lab will be more fun for me! take care...

regs. nd all tht...
Junior :D

Anonymous said...

well, am particularly interested in yr "things to do b4 u die"...so keep posting...
Tc...

Anonymous said...

Me??? Bloated ego? Junior....surely u jest! And returning to the eternal query- didja, didja, didja???? :p y'self!
How's Alabama?

Anonymous said...

Hi anonymous. U're apparently a prolific genius- half the good stuff 1 comes across all over is attributed to u...in other words, plz to identify y'self. I like to bond with my adoring public.

Anonymous said...

who else? it's me...still need to bond...eh?

A.R.Malik said...

need?? Honeychile, need evaporated in the same instant as the fiction. In the unlikely event that u ever muster the guts to be as honest as u were on 31st Aug.'02, u know where to find me. Till then, we're deadlocked in this here stalemate of mutual disgust n contempt. Coz I refuse to be party to yr sick, pathetic mindgames. The "unonditnl, nonjudgmental" bond I'd offered now stands qualified- the conditn is u play straight or not at all.

Anonymous said...

hey mule, miss the mails and that i believe is a good enuff reason/excuse to have not signed ur blog. (If we keep aside the actual truth that i was waitin to be struck by a scintillating piece of wit to write in yr blog..)
But humour gave way to vanity (or is it the other way round?) after discovering that you mentioned my name in the blog before mentioning your pal and my fatter half's name... So now we fite at home over who gets a cut of yr royalty when you get the bookers in 2020.

It's a neat site too..you owe ur pal who helped you big..

But i still miss the mails..

Anonymous said...

Vee, ROTFL at "fatter half". And who gets the cut of the royalties of the Booker AND the Nobel ('scuse me!) depends on who among the 2 of u comes up with the list of ideas for me to write about. Remember the deal?

Btw, only fair to return the compliment- yr "khayal for the din" signatures rock- invariably!

And ya, Ush, bow, kneel, scrape the floor. I do owe u big-time for the cool look. Sm1 else (V.O)commented on the black background mirroring my mindscape exactly. Jeez!