Tuesday, February 28, 2006

G'bye February, Hello March

2 months of 2006 gone already.

I'd thrown a challenge to my employers about my position in the company a few days back, making certain demands. The verdict came in today: I'm not leaving although I as well as the fat-cats have had to meet each other halfway in a compromise.

2 trains of thought are launched by this. Remind me to rant about the position & relative importance of doctors vs managers as perceived nowadays, and I'll happily froth at the mouth for a while, citing examples from Preeti's experience and mine.

Secondly, a gentleman has been complimenting me profusely on the inspirational value of the plagiarised lyrics/rhymes {Desiderata, Time etc.} that I've been pasting in lieu of churning out my own prose. So, by popular demand of one solitary citizen, here's some more uplifting poetry. Hope it brightens up everybody's day, makes the world a better place, and all in all, bring sweetness and light to this benighted planet.

"There was a young man from Stamboul,
who soliloquized thus to his tool:
'You took all my wealth
and you ruined my health,
and now you won't pee, you old fool.' "

-Kurt Vonnegut (Slaughterhouse 5)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Anonymous said...

Some inspirational poetry, that was!!
Phew...that you actually moved you a@# enough to meet someone half-way! That's a first, isn't it?
Ya, I am equally saddened by this difference in the employment conditions between doctors ( for heaven's sake, they save lives!!!) and managers and engineers..Something's got to be done about this. No wonder youngsters are not too inspired to become noble life savers, they'd rather type away at a computer in an isolated cubicle writing programs or even attending support calls at unearthly hours.